Saturday 30 March 2013

Empties #1


In the last few months I've become a lot more careful with money and a lot less frivolous with my purchases. I've been collecting empties for a while now so thought when I gather about 5 or so I will do a quick run down on here with a mini review and if I would repurchase/not repurchase.

Today's the first one and is a bit of a bumper addition due to these piling up since around mid January! 
I've split it into two: hair & other. I seem to have finished an astonishing amount of hair products (due to trying to finish lots up instead of buying new ones)


VO5 Hot Oil: This was a repurchase as I liked it. It did make my hair feel soft but for me this isn't an essential item and with a good shampoo & conditioner does not make much difference for me. I do think it reduced my hair breaking though! 
Repurchase? At some point probably.

Soap & Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo: I got the mini in an Xmas gift set 2011 but I found it in the drawer after running out of shampoo and liked it so got the big one. I really like this. It has a subtle fruity smell and leaves my hair just feeling and looking clean. It doesn't do anything 'special' but I rate this shampoo a lot. 
Repurchase? Yes, already have!

Schwarzkopf Supersoft shampoo: I've used this on and off for a while and it leaves my hair silky and shiny, you can get this from poundland too so cheaaap. 
Repurchase? Probably.

Percy & Reed Splendidly Silky moisturising conditioner: I got this free in a magazine ages ago (like last year) and never used it up until now. I didn't like the smell and to be honest didn't feel it did much for my hair with it being a luxury brand and all. 
Repurchase? No.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle frizz remedy: I really liked this and it lasted me a good while. It smelled really nice and definitely made my hair feel much softer and not as fly away as usual. 
Repurchase? Yes.


Tesco 'Wake Up' shower gel lemon&tea tree: Had this ages so used it every day until I finished it. Nothing special, I found the texture strange as it was gloopy but runny.
Repurchase? No.

Lush Tea Tree Toner: My everyday toner up until I started my prescribed acne medication but it's great if you have spots/blemish prone skin or an oily skin type. It reduces redness and dries out spots. Repurchase? Yes.

Soap & Glory Flake Away: Mini I got in an Xmas gift set in 2011. Lovely 'original pink' smell and was an alright scrub but I didn't like the almost greasy feel it left after :(
Repurchase? Maybe a mini, not full size.

Boots essentials nail polish remover: Really cheap, probably not that good for my nails but it works. Repurchase? Yes, already have.

Lush Gumback Express shower smoothie: Ordered this online aggees ago. It's a retro products and was intrigued by the 'banana' smell and I'd never tried a shower smoothie. This is horrible it smells like vodka and was a bad consistency so went everywhere, not so good when it's bright yellow. Repurchase? No

St Ives apricot scrub blemish fighting: My mum uses St Ives so I have used some variation since about the age of 10/11 I saw this blemish fighting one so got it. I do like it for when I want a proper deep scrub it makes my skin look clearer and feels soft, as far as blemish fighting I didn't notice a difference to the gentle/invigorating versions.
Repurchase? Yes.

Jessica

1 comment: